£25000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Storeperson / Pre-setter required to join a global manufacturer based in Luton on a permanent basis.
The successful Storeperson / Pre-setter will play a critical role within the production team, continuing to control stock for tooling and abrasives, and develop the organisation of the tool stores, while maintaining serviceability of machine tooling across the factory. This is a hands-on role with computer based work.
Salary - £25,000-£35,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours 8:00-16:30
25 days holiday + bank holidays
10% Company contribution pension
Medical plan to claim back medical expenses
- Collecting and replenishing tooling & abrasive stock.
- Responsible for booking in and out of tooling and abrasives.
- Take a role in continuous improvement within the tool stores area.
- Develop the efficiency and effectiveness of the Tool Stores function.
- Stock checks, identify and then act upon risks to low stock levels.
- Support the process of controlling tooling spend and controlling costs.
- Liaise with suppliers, and order new / refurbishing of tooling as required.
- Monitor and perform minor maintenance tasks on the wash tank.
- Proactive approach to stock management.Prepare Preset tooling for the production areas to high standards, recognising and highlighting where improvements can be made.
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities.
- Cleaning, inspection, and rectification of returned tools.
- Problem solving on tooling related issues.
- Previous experience working as a Storesperson or in the stores is essential
- Experience working in a precision engineering or tooling environment is highly sought after.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.