£35000 - £48000 per annum
13 days ago
Technical Author required to join a fast-growing engineering company who specialise in bespoke special purpose machinery for highly regulated industries, based in Winchester.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Support Manager, as the successful Technical Author you will be responsible for writing technical documentation to support project delivery and will extract the necessary information from within the project using contractual requirements, existing documentation, and directly from within the project team.
This role would suit someone who has held the job title Technical Author, Documentation Engineer and / or Technical Writer and who has worked within a highly regulated industry, such as Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Aerospace or similar.
Salary - £35,000-£48,000 (DOE)
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday 08:30-16:30
Flexible working - office/ home
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- A large part of your job will be spent gathering the information necessary for documents. This may be through research, discussion, interrogation of existing documentation or requesting others to generate content
- Collaborate with the project team to clarify any technical issues
- Generate high quality documents with regard to presentation, formatting, English language, grammar
- Commission, coordinate or prepare illustrations as required to support your work
- Ensure all work prepared is fit for purpose
- Review of documents generated by others
- Collate and create the final master for delivery in physical or digital forms
- Work with translators, printers and other service providers as required in support of presenting technical information
- Maintain adherence to company best practise and procedures as both author and checker
- Minimum of HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar, degree preferred
- Preferable experience from highly regulated industries
- Detailed understanding of standard office software e.g. MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience reading and extracting information from highly technical documentation
- Interrogation of engineering designs (drawings), preferably 3D CAD models using Solidworks
- Technical authoring, with experience in obtaining client approval within a highly regulated industry
- Experience of working within document control, change control and checking/reviewing procedures.
- Experience working within highly regulated industry, preferably with experience within an ISO 9001 environment
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.