£35000 - £48000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Technical Author required to join a fast-growing engineering company who specialise in bespoke special purpose machinery for highly regulated industries, based in Winchester.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Support Manager, as the successful Technical Author you will be responsible for writing technical documentation to support project delivery.
This role would suit someone who has held the job title Technical Author, Technical Publications Engineer, Documentation Engineer and / or Technical Writer and who has worked within a highly regulated industry, such as Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Subsea, Petrochemical or similar.
Salary - £35,000-£48,000 (DOE)
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday 08:30-16:30
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- A large part of your job will be spent gathering the information necessary for documents. This may be through research, discussion, interrogation of existing documentation or requesting others to generate content
- Collaborate with the project team to clarify any technical issues
- Generate high quality documents with regard to presentation, formatting, English language, grammar
- Commission, coordinate or prepare illustrations as required to support your work
- Ensure all work prepared is fit for purpose
- Review of documents generated by others
- Collate and create the final master for delivery in physical or digital forms
- Work with translators, printers and other service providers as required in support of presenting technical information
- Maintain adherence to company best practise and procedures as both author and checker
- Preferable experience from highly regulated industries
- Detailed understanding of standard office software e.g. MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience reading and extracting information from highly technical documentation
- Interrogation of engineering designs (drawings), preferably 3D CAD models using Solidworks
- Experience of working within document control, change control and checking/reviewing procedures.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.