£15000.00 - £16000.00 per annum
16 days ago
Trainee Freight Forwarder - Felixstowe - Up to £16,000
This a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking for an opportunity to embark on a career within the ever growing Freight Forwarding and Logistics sector.
As a Trainee Freight Forwarder you will be providing Supply Chain Solutions to companies around the world getting goods from producers to a market, customer or final point of destination. You will be fully trained in all aspects of freight forwarding, imports and exports.
Full time - Monday to Friday - 9:00am-5:30pm
Duties to include
* Request and Negotiate Price quotations from airlines/shipping lines/hauliers informing about the Freight price, terminal charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices, as well as prices for handling the goods
* Working to strict deadlines to co-ordinate Worldwide imports or exports with end to end responsibility (including collections, bookings, liaising with overseas agents/customers until delivered).
* Strong customer relationships to understand requirements and always deliver excellent customer service.
* Customs entries
* Providing transport solutions
* Dealing with any queries that may arise.
You will have
* Excellent IT skills
* A Strong work ethic
* An interest in Supply Chain and Logistics
* Good level of education
* Ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.