£35000 - £48000 per annum
22 days ago
Training & Development Manager required to join a fast-growing, world class engineering company in the Winchester area.
The Training & Development Manager will have a passion for identifying, growing, and enabling
talent across all business functions, and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and
managing an effective training and development strategy.
Reporting to the Head of People, and working alongside the HR Manager and Recruitment Manager, the role will form part of a high performing People function within the business, focused on delivering effective
training and development for all personnel from throughout the company at all levels.
Salary - £35,000-£48,000
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday (08:30-16:30)
Flexible working - office/ home
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- Develop, implement, manage, and maintain a company-wide training and development strategy helping personnel to advance their skills and knowledge.
- Take a lead role in the coordination, communication and enrolment of training and
- development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain an effective training and development process for all personnel.
- Act as point of escalation for all training and development queries from the business.
- Identify external training partners.
- Work closely with managers to identify skills gaps and develop training and development requirements to resolve gaps.
- Facilitate arrangements for and implement all training and development initiatives.
- Look for opportunities to improve and enhance the companies training and development process.
- Maintain training and development budgets and forecast current and future costs.
- Support the professional registration and accreditation process for business professionals.
- Support department managers with implementation of personal development plans.
- Degree level or postgraduate qualifications are desirable, particularly in a relevant field such as training management and development.
- A CIPD qualification is preferred, such as level 5.
- Proven experience as a training and development manager or similar.
- Strong experience in creation and deployment of learning and development materials.
- Experience in Apprenticeship levy management and spend - desirable (not essential).
- Strong project management skills - experience in a matrix environment.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office 365 products.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.