£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
To provide additional operational assistance to the UK Freight Manager, allowing further development of company's UK freight offering with existing and new customers.
Responsible for the delivery of operational activities, in accordance with targets set, to contribute to achievement of the company vision and overall business objectives, reaching targets/KPIs set year on year. Consistently perform to high quality standards.
Salary - up to £28,000
Annual bonus (tax free)
Employee Assistance Programme/Wellbeing
Training & Development Opportunities
Hybrid working after full training
* Quoting, covering and inputting UK express shipments as well as UK pallets, part loads and full loads on our system
* Assisting UK freight manager and Operations manager with their operational activity and providing cover in both their absences.
* Obtain prices for UK work for prospects of other Sales Executives
* Use of courier exchange and pallet network software
* Close monitoring of UK same day shipments. Problem solving, high levels of customer service, confirming collections, deliveries and transit updates for time-critical shipments.
* Ensure effective use of Content Management System
* Logging quotes and pro-actively chasing them to convert to shipments.
* Helping to create a UK Supplier section for our Ebible, vans up to artics, perhaps by postcode
* Help to source new hauliers and form new partnerships.
* Assist in marketing activity to promote the service by email, mailshot, calls
* When time permits, making calls to our existing customers to see if they have a UK freight requirement but also cross sell for other depts (European Standard, European Express, Sea and Air).
* Experience in Road Freight
* Good knowledge of various modes: pallet / groupage / part and full / pallet networks
* Good knowledge about all the company's products and services. Good overall knowledge of European freight industry and markets. Relate to clients about market activity.
* Well-versed in using UK Distribution freight exchanges.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.