£35000 - £45000 per annum
26 days ago
A multi-site worldwide Freight Forwarder are looking for a Business Development Manager for their site in Manchester.
The successful Business Development Manager will have worked for a Freight Forwarder and will have working experience within Operations, Key accounts management or Sales.
Responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within the Air & Sea freight modes.
You will be fully accountable for the growth of GP across these modes and in line with a structured sales scheme.
£35K - £45K basic- depending on experience
Impressive bonus structure
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
24 Days holiday
The Business Development Manager Role:
- You will be field based and in the office one day a week.
- You will manage your own diary and develop your own portfolio of opportunities.
- Achieve new business sales targets by developing relationships with new (and lapsed) customers
- Generate own leads and opportunities and follow up on any leads and referrals resulting from Company Operations activity
- Own the sales process from lead generation to closing the sale
- Arrange own meetings and prospect for new business
- Negotiate sale (price, costs, delivery and specifications) with buyers and close the sale
- Effectively interact with the Operations team
- Company's products, services and pricing structures
- Maintain sales pipeline using CRM software
- Maintain a monthly personal sales activity plan
The Business Development Manager Requirements:
- MUST have Freight Operations or sales experience.
- Preferable Previous experience in a sales or key account management role at a freight forwarder
- Skilled at Freight quotations and rate negotiations
- An excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Excellent IT skills
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.