£30000 - £36000 per annum
11 days ago
I'm recruiting a Buyer to join a world-leading manufacturer of high-value capital equipment in Cambridge.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment to join a company manufacturing cutting-edge technology for global clients.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects and activities.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Monitor status of orders and ensure on time delivery including chasing internal works order processes to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare reports, analysis and updates as and when required.
- Get involved and/or cover any work requirements within the Purchasing department when
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Buyer within Engineering / Manufacturing industry.
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks, achieve set targets and meet tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Advantage - qualified to CIPs level or equivalent
- £30,000-£36,000 DOE
- 27 days holiday plus all Public holidays
- Pension scheme; a level of contribution is made by the Company.
- Medical scheme; a level of contribution is made by the Company.
- Company-wide bonus scheme; based on Company performance.
- Social events; company socials throughout the year
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.