£55000 - £68000 per annum
3 months ago
06 Apr 00:00
Design Manager required to join a fast-growing, dynamic and innovative manufacturing company in the Portsmouth area.
As the successful Design Manager you will be a decisive decision maker who has good commercial understanding and is able to develop individuals and cultivate creative thinking within the team.
Salary - £55,000-£68,000 (DOE)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Other benefits TBC
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical system design engineers.
- Manage budgets and costs,
- Ensure internal and external technical requirements are met and provided in an agreed and timely manner.
- Stay up to date and research the latest technological advancements in materials and manufacturing processes.
- Provide solutions for cost savings, sustainability and quality improvements.
- Carrying drawing reviews.
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Will be educated to degree level with a degree in Mechanical Engineering / Design Engineering/ Product Design Engineering
- Will have experience managing a Design team
- Must be commercially focused with an understanding of tooling costs etc.
- Experience using Solidworks and Creo would be ideal.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.