£38000 - £48000 per annum
25 days ago
Electrical Systems Design Engineer required to join a dynamic, fast-paced Design team which thrives on its culture of new product development and bespoke design solutions based in the Havant area.
You will be involved in the complete life-cycle responsibility for bespoke hydraulic, 3 phase motor & DC motor control systems for a range of products including: specification, costing, design, commissioning and fault finding on installed systems.
The role will be very hands-on and a suitable applicant must be able to build prototypes and solutions where required.
Salary - £38,000 - £48,000 (depending on experience)
Holidays - 25 days plus bank holiday
Contribution to eye tests and glasses
Free on-site car parking
Can offer an immediate start
- New product development -Design electric and electronic controls for high-volume products.
- Produce the best solutions, to tight cost margins and on time.
- Improve functionality and reduce cost on new and existing systems wherever possible.
- Managing multiple R&D and design projects running concurrently.
- Researching subjects outside of current experience/ capabilities to produce an informed decision and action.
- 3 phase and DC control systems design
- Confident in fault finding and commissioning electrical control systems
- PLC & HMI programming
- Ability to read hydraulic system schematics
- Electronics and PCB layout design
- Ability to read electronic circuit diagrams and PCB fault-find to component level
- Ability to build prototype electronic circuits
- Microcontroller programming & debugging
- Understanding of CANbus networks and protocols
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.