£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Customs Clerk - Harwich - Up to £30,000
A World-Wide Logistics company are looking for dedicated hungry individuals to join their Customs logistics team in Harwich.
in this company... A company that values its people and offers great stability, work life balance and opportunities to develop!
Do you have experience in the Logistics, transport or freight industry?
Do you have Excellent IT skills?
Do you have an excellent eye for detail?
Then this could be a great role for you!
£25K-£30K depending on experience.
20 days holiday rising to 25 days plus 8 bank holiday days.
* Confirm Client verification and authority status
* Receive and send authorities to their partner network
* Check current date is acceptable for HMRC entry declaration
* Input consignment details into in house Customs system for transfer to HMRC for clearance
* Calculate applicable charges and prepare and send commercial invoices
* Chase and check for receipt of associated payments
* Send instruction to release and hold to UK operational departments
* Maintaining records and being organised and accurate with all systems are essential requirements.
* Excellent IT skills
* Experience in the Logistics Industry and advantage but not essential
* Good communication skills with colleagues and external customers
* Preferably some knowledge of Customs processes or systems an advantage
* Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
* Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
* Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.